1. The adage, “you have two ears and one mouth for a reason” stands true. I’m working hard to be a good listener while also leading the way with my voice.
2. The malaise of the unknown is a real thing. “What’s going to happen next?” makes doing the next thing challenging
3. Making time is still a challenge, even when you have nothing but time! Habits still matter.
4. Change is hard. ” Oh, here’s some good news, I’ll learn to _____ (paint, build furniture, garden, pitch, be a runner),” is way easier said than done.
5. Fear is powerful. Incentives to not change are often strong.
6. Poor leadership is just as powerful as good leadership. #showingup takes guts and a willingness to fail and be criticized.